*Breathe in* When no ordinary escape will do, disappear to this off-the-grid paradise. Feel the weight of your daily woes drift away as you reconnect with nature and immerse yourself in the culturally-profound Balinese way of life. *Breathe out* Oh, and did we mention the monkeys?
Conquering an active volcano on a sunrise hike
Getting your yoga fix overlooking a lush jungle
Crafting a delicious dish with a local chef
Navigating the cascades of the Siap River
Relaxing in front of pure blue ocean waters
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
4 lunches and 1 dinner
Expert Tour Director
A cooking lesson from a local chef
Entrance to the Ubud Monkey Park
A 90-minute morning yoga class
Tours of some of Bali’s most important Hindu temples
A canyon tubing experience with a local guide
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Indonesia. If you haven’t already, now would be a good time to switch all your clocks to island time.
- Day 2: Arrive in Bali
Welcome to Bali, referred to as the Island of the Gods by some, and paradise by all. You’ll likely arrive late in the day, so take the evening to settle in to your accommodations and meet your new travel friends.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Day 3: Tanah Lot Tour + Welcome Lunch
Ah, your first full day in Bali. Venture into central Bali with your Tour Director to get your first taste of Balinese Hindu temples.
- Explore Taman Ayun, a beautiful and serene temple surrounded by a moat.
- Visit Tanah Lot, a Hindu temple that sits atop an off-shore rock formation and houses a spring of holy water.
Free time suggestions
Sunset at Seminyak Beach: Nothing beats watching the sunset on a beach. Except for watching a sunset on a beach in Bali. And once the sun goes down, you’re steps away from plenty of shops and restaurants.
Balinese Spa: Looking to relax? Good thing you’re in paradise. Head to a Balinese spa for a massage and a chance to start your trip off on the right foot.
- Day 4: Free Day in Seminyak
Feel that sea breeze as you enjoy a leisurely day on your own in Seminyak. Lounge on the beach near your hotel, do some shopping, and say “I could get used to this” over and over.
Free time suggestions
The Beach: When you step onto Seminyak Beach, you’ll wonder why it’s not packed with tourists. White sand and plenty of space—the perfect place to spend the day.
Shopping at Seminyak Square: Whether you’re looking for high-end shopping or local souvenirs, you can find it in this buzzing square.
- Day 5: Cooking Class as Guliang Village + Ubud Monkey Forest
When you want to learn all about Balinese cooking and food culture, there’s no better place to go than a farming village. More specifically, a village called Subak Guilang. Here you’ll partake in an interactive and authentic cooking (and eating) class.
- Head to central Bali to the farming village of Subak Guilang.
- Gather the ingredients, prepare the food, and treat your taste buds to incredible Balinese flavors.
- Venture into the rice field and learn why the Balinese people view rice as a gift from God.
- Travel to Ubud, one of Bali’s most popular destination and the island’s hub of art and culture.
- Get to know some Balinese monkeys in Ubud Monkey Forest.
Free time suggestions
Balinese dance performance: You can find this traditional performance at various temples around Ubud. You can see ancient storytelling dances, religious performances, and even fire dancing.
Ubud Market: This market has everything you could ever need—clothes, food, souvenirs, and all kinds of people watching opportunities.
- Day 6: Morning Yoga + Holy Temples Tour
Two words: Yoga. Barn. This full-service yoga studio and holistic healing retreat is located right in the center of Bali. Say “om” as you participate in a group yoga class with your fellow travelers. Then in the afternoon, enjoy a tour of some of Bali’s most important Hindu temples.
- Start your morning with a 90-minute yoga class—geared toward beginners, but all levels are welcome.
- Enjoy an included lunch overlooking rice fields.
- Study the many menacing faces carved into the stone at the temple of Goa Gajan.
- End your temple tour at Tampak Siring, where you can purify your body and soul in the temple’s holy water (if you’re into that kind of thing).
- Visit the impressive rice terraces of Tegalalang, one of the most photographed spots in Bali.
Free time suggestions
Coffee shops: Need a little caffeine boost? Ubud’s many cafes are always full of locals, expats, and tourists. You can try typical Balinese coffee, smoothies, and a variety of light bites.
ARMA art museum: A window into Balinese culture, this museum houses collections of contemporary and traditional art. Depending on your timing, you may be able to enjoy dance or theatre performances as well.
- Day 7: Canyon Tubing Adventure
Simply reading the words “canyon tubing” should give you an adrenaline rush. Visit the Siap River and experience its beauty from a unique perspective: your private inflatable tube.
- Awaken your senses as you ride through the jungle in an off-road vehicle to the starting point of your river adventure.
- Hop in your tube and let the river do its thing—no paddling needed.
- Enjoy an included Lunch during your Canyon Tubing adventure
- Open your eyes and ears for the sights and sounds of the wilderness (i.e. birds and monkeys, duh).
- Finish with the Campuhan Ridge walk, a truly mellow and awe-inspiring hike.
- Day 8: Optional Mt. Batur Sunrise Trek + Travel to Nusa Dua
Today has the potential to be one of the longest, but most unforgettable days of your trip. If you’re up for it, join the optional sunrise hike to Mt. Batur and don’t forget your hiking boots (heads up, bus leaves at 2am). Then in the afternoon, your journey through Bali continues to the Benoa peninsula, famous for its restaurants, open-air cafes, and beaches.
- Enjoy your last morning in Ubud.
- Travel by bus to Tanjung Benoa, where you’ll spend your final two nights in Bali.
Mt. Batur Hike & Hot Springs (extra cost)
Hike Mount Batur, an active volcano—reaching the summit for sunrise views. Fuel up with an included breakfast, stop at Toya Bungkah Hot Springs for a relaxing dip, then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Please note: This excursion includes an intermediate hike and requires either hiking boots or hiking sneakers.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 9: Free Day in Nusa Dua + Visit Uluwatu Temple at Sunset
Your last day in Bali is going to be a relaxing one. You have the entire day to do as you please. And lucky for you, you’re staying on the coast, just steps from some of Bali’s most beautiful beaches.
- Head out for an evening at Uluwatu Temple, a sea temple perched high on a steep cliff.
- Look out at the setting sun and crashing waves of the Indian Ocean from 230 feet up.
- Sit back and watch as up to a hundred men perform a traditional Balinese dance.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with your group.
Free time suggestions
Beaches: To some, Bali is first and foremost a beach paradise. Head out of your hotel and you’ll notice there are beaches as far as the eye can see. The only wrong choice you can make is not putting on sunscreen—nobody wants to get burned on the last day.
Water sports: Go beyond the sand for some fun in the water. Pick up some snorkeling gear, hop on a banana boat, or check out any of the other activities at your (sandy) fingertips.
- Days 10–11: Fly Home
Selamat tinggal teman!
Translation: Goodbye friends! Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– OR –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 19 authentic traveler reviews
11/10 Recommend Bali😍Shelby, traveled Aug.. 2022
AMAZING experience! Our tour director Budi and tour guide Gede were 10/10! They really help make the trip a wonderful, immersive experience. Only regret was I didn’t stay in Bali longer.
You won’t regret itAnnaliese, traveled Jul.. 2022
This was definitely a trip of a lifetime! I booked it as a birthday trip to myself and it didn’t disappoint! Our tour director Budi was amazing and so was our guide, Ben. They were both very informative and helped us learn about the culture of Bali and really immerse ourselves into it. I would highly recommend doing the hike and hot springs add-on. The views... See more
Bali BlastAnonymous, traveled Jul.. 2022
This was such an amazing experience. We were able to see the culture of Bali and explore the many beauties it has to offer. Aggie is the best!
DONT THINK JUST BOOKHamasseh, traveled Jul.. 2022
Amazing trip. I am so grateful to our tour director Budi and tour guide Ben for showing us around Bali. Budi went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time there. I was impressed with how organized the tour was. The itinerary of the trip was perfect. Read the Know Before You Go to make sure you are prepared for what to expect/pack. The best part of th... See more